We can take the hassle out of letting and managing your property
Our letting and management charges are highly competitive with discounts for multiple properties
As a Students' Union, we like to think we know students and the student market better than others. We carry out annual research into the Brighton & Hove student lettings market and have unrivalled access to the student market to market your property.
We provide a focused management service which aims to prevent problems before they arise thanks to our close relationship with students and the support services provided by the Students' Union.
Our experienced team provide a quality service and excellent customer service.
Our profits are reinvested in services for students so we work harder to make sure you and your tenants are happy.
We have a range of services available and can tailor our services to suit your needs.
Services for landlords
We offer the following services;
· Full Management Service 12% + VAT
· Rent Collection Service 7% + VAT
· Let Only Service 2.5 Weeks Rent + VAT
In addition to the above an administration charge of £295 + VAT is charged for each new tenancy.
· Renewal tenancy agreements are charged at £200 + VAT
· Deposit Registration Fee of £50 + VAT for registration and transfer of the tenancy deposit to the My Deposit Scheme- should you require us to hold the deposit on your behalf.
· Void Period Services (for Let Only and Rent Collection services) £100 + VAT, should you require us to source, book and co-ordinate cleaning or inventory services during the void period. The cost is per service you require to be arranged.
· HMO Fees (for Fully Managed service only): If you want Sussex Student Lettings to carry out the administration for an HMO license the cost is £300 + VAT, or for a license renewal it is £200 + VAT
· Major Works Fee: Organising renovation/redecorating/major works at a property is not part of the general maintenance that our Fully Managed service includes. Any work over £500 will incur an additional fee of 10% + VAT (of the contractor’s invoice amount). This fee is to cover the staff costs for the extra work that’s involved in organising and overseeing major works.
For further details and our charges please find our Terms and Conditions here
More about us
We are also members of the ‘Brighton & Hove Letting Agents Accreditation' Working Group, working in partnership with Brighton & Hove City Council on the development of a local accreditation scheme.
Find out more about our services and contact us for more information.